Build a Safe Campfire
We’re committed to helping you and your family enjoy the special experiences that only sitting by a beautiful campfire can offer by providing these simple safety tips for building a safe campfire every time:
- Build your fire on level ground, away from any overhanging branches, bushes, or dry grass.
- Always burn dry wood to ensure a clean burn with less smoke
- Never leave the campfire unattended for any reason.
- Keep any flammable liquids or materials at least 10 feet away from the campfire.
- Keep your campfire small and manageable.
- Keep young children and pets away from the campfire at all times.
- Teach kids to stop, drop, and roll if their clothing catches on fire.
- Always drown your campfire with water at least 30 minutes before you plan to head to bed. Stir the ashes and wood to ensure that every piece has been covered with water.
Want to add even more interest to your campfire this National Campfire Day? Add some RUTLAND Rainbow Flame® Crystals to experience the beauty of multi-colored green and blue flames! RUTLAND Rainbow Flame Crystals are safe for use in any campfire!